I was assured it was a really simple process, but was still slightly nervous. Especially putting black dye in my washing machine, but the process was super easy and I'm pretty happy with the results. Even with the couple of unexpected touches.
So, is it really as easy as it claims to be? In short, yes. It couldn't have been simpler. As the instructions told me to I put on rubber gloves, emptied the dye into the machine drum, chucked the dress in and hit start. The only time-consuming part of the process is that you have to allow time for 2 full washes on your machine - no eco washes allowed.
I must admit I was a bit nervous when the machine was on. I mean, the water was black! But I followed the instructions and just made sure the next load I washed was black too. Thankfully no loads after this have been dyed so I feel confident using it again.
The results were not quite what I expected (Dylon works best on cotton, linen and viscose and while the dress is 100% cotton I didn't really factor in the trimmings) but for my first attempt I'm pretty happy with them.
I actually quite like the white stitching and think the contrast works well. The orange fastenings I really didn't like when I first looked at it but when the buttons are done up you don't really notice the orange. Plus if at some point I decide I don't like them then I can always take the dress to an alterations place to get them changed.
I'm completely sold on Dylon, so much so that I have a few more colours to try out! Keep an eye on the blog and social media to see what I do next.
You can follow me through the below links:
Photograph taken by me